Solution Architect (DevOps)
Job Family: Information Technology
Requisition Number: R011815
Work Location: Santa Ana, CA
Employment Category: Full Time – Regular
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fourth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
As a Solutions Architect specialized in DevOps, you are an expert in software design and architecture. Someone that's developed DevOps solutions before using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, AWS DevOps Services, Azure DevOps, Packer and related products
You are a polyglot engineer with a hunger for learning new languages and tools. You see yourself as a maker and you are interested in all steps of the process, from understanding the challenge, to designing, developing and deploying. You will journey with the team to help create the necessary DevOps environment and provide guidance to the team. You will Collaborate with the Steering Committee and other delivery teams to ensure product solutions meet the mission requirements set by the Executive Steering Committee.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will participate in the full life cycle of application development with duties including but not limited to:
- Develop and deploy Production-ready AWS solutions through Infrastructure as Code – preferably using Terraform
- Someone that knows what immutable infrastructure is and how to achieve it
- Able to build code pipelines and support deployment activities
- Able to engineer enterprise-grade solutions using AWS services
- Comfortable with Software Development Life Cycles, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment
- Conduct Training sessions for the teams as process improvements are implemented.
- Collaborate with the teams to develop a process improvement plan and build DevOps Best Practices.
- Standardize tools and templates for areas such as infrastructure provisioning automation, desired state configuration, software build and release, and monitoring.
- Research technologies and assess their fit for the challenge at hand.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of Solution architecture / relevant DevOps experience
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with Ansible
- Knowledge and experience with Terraform
- Experience with DevOps monitoring and alerting systems
- Leadership experience and the ability to provide guidance and coach team members, helping to bring them up to speed.
- Good troubleshooting & communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams
- Experience supporting technology in a large scale enterprise environment
An ideal candidate will have a demonstrable understanding and/or hands-on experience with most of the following technologies:
- Proficient on AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, S3, Elastic File System, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS)
- AWS DevOps Tooling (AWS CodePipeLine, CodeBuild, Code Deploy, CodeStar, ECS, Lambda)
- Microsoft Work Loads Including Microsoft.NET and SQL
- CI/CD Pipeline
- Infrastructure as a Code (IaC), Terraform, Ansible,
- Test Automation Frame work
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.