Job Family: Information Technology
Requisition Number: R011815
Work Location: Santa Ana, CA
Employment Category: Full Time – Regular
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fourth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
We are seeking an experienced Solution Architect to work on a cross-functional team to participate in the design, development, and support of our business applications. You will ensure that solutions deployed have technical integrity, stability, and are scalable to a growing operation. You will collaborate with product managers, UX designers, developers and other stakeholders on a regular basis to create and maintain our best of breed technology solutions.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with product managers to translate business requirements into system specific functional requirements.
- Responsible for high-level architecture and design that adheres to technical standards, security best practices and performance requirements
- Modify and enhance existing complex applications and systems.
- Research, design, implement (Hands on) and test new software applications and systems
- Champion change; drive and set technical direction for the functional group.
- Acts as a lead with small teams for projects to create POCs when required
- Propose and split large architectural objectives into smaller incremental objectives
- Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
Skills and Requirements
- Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
- Must have demonstrable experience with Salesforce technologies and ecosystem
- Hands on experience with a Cloud platform such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
- Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others
- Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
- Presentation skills
- Ability to design systems with Infrastructure, Security, Network and server operations teams in building complex enterprise level applications.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master's Degree preferred
Range of Experience
- 7+ years of Architecture experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.