Undergraduate Intern (IT)
Job Family: Administration & Office Support
Requisition Number: R006630
Work Location: Irvine, CA
Employment Category: Full Time – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Join our Agency team! First American Title’s Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions, First American has been entrusted to protect homeownership since 1889. Don’t miss this opportunity to join the Agency team and build your career at First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF). We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Information Technology Summer 2019 Internship Program
- 10-12 weeks of full-time work
- Paid internship with sessions starting on May 20, 2019 and June 17, 2019.
- Rising undergraduate entering their Junior or Senior year enrolled in an accredited college with a focus in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
First American’s internship program offers hands-on Information Technology experience in the title insurance industry. Students will gain exposure and knowledge to various parts of the Company through engaging with top leadership in our executive speaker talks, workshops, career panels, and much more.
You will receive coaching and mentorship and have the chance to build personal and professional networks with diverse groups.
Opportunity to bridge the gap between academic understanding and practical professional experience to develop skills that will help set you up for success.
Interns will have the opportunity to help with and get exposure to a variety of projects and initiatives including:
- Exposure working in a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in an agile setting
- Collaborate with distributed teams
- Firsthand experience working on items impacting customers
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google Docs applications
- An interest and willingness to learn about the Business Analyst role, software development process and Escrow & Closing industry
- The ability to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed
- An ingrained concern for the customer and representing our Company in the best professional manner as possible
- The potential to excel in the following competencies: Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.