Senior CAD Technician
Job Family: Property & Land Specialists
Requisition Number: R007794
Work Location: Chicago, IL
Secondary Location: Clayton, MO, US;
Employment Category: Full Time – Regular
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
Working with our licensed surveyors to prepare staking calculations, boundary and topographic surveys and legal descriptions. Projects vary in size from small commercial sites to large acreage and heavily improved properties. The position requires a strong understanding of surveying principals. This role requires regular interaction with the entire surveying team including research, field personnel and project managers. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to prepare ALTA Surveys and other boundary surveys, topographic surveys, subdivision plats, legal descriptions, and exhibits
- Field crew support with the preparation of stakeout calculations
- Survey CADD production
- Align daily work with differing project scopes and critical deadlines
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Highly proficient in mathematics and measurements
- Knowledge of survey ethics and technical standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Software skills
- Analytical review skills
- Strong project planning skills
- A minimum of 2 years of experience including boundary, topographic, and ALTA surveys, construction staking and data collection required
- Intermediate level of expertise with all major technical aspects of surveying
- Knowledge of the standard application of surveying techniques and procedures
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3d and or Carlson – survey drafting experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Land survey field experience a plus
- Experience with survey equipment, such as GPS, Robotic, and Total Station
- Ability to read and organize field notes
- Ability and willingness to learn and accept new responsibilities as experience is gained
- Generally requires AA Degree in a business field or equivalent work experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically have 2- 5 years of directly related experience.
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.