Arizona; California; Nevada; Remote
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoSupervisory and Management level positions range from operational to tactical where Scope & complexity of the position are the primary factors used to determine management level. Employees being considered for supervisory roles MUST have at least 2 full time (or equivalent) direct reports with their primary duty consisting of management duties which include interviewing, selecting and training employees; setting and adjusting employee compensation; directing the work of employees; appraising employee productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status; disciplining employees; planning and controlling work and budgets; and implementing legal compliance measures. If the incumbent does not have supervisory responsibility for two or more full time employees and spends less than 75% of their time performing duties related to supervising, consider a “lead” or individual contributor position. Responsible for managing and setting priorities on the daily operations of a large General Ledger, Corporate Accounting, Stat Acctg or Financial reporting department ensuring compliance with GAAP, SOX and other regulatory requirements.
What You'll Do
- Manages a group of geographically dispersed professional’s onshore and offshore who have responsibility for operations and project outcomes.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of teams.
- Contributes to project reviews and approves detailed designs and cost estimates for projects.
- Participates in long-range departmental planning and provides input to operational decisions and process improvements.
- Provides input to and may develop operational plans and works with Senior Management to ensure that plans are integrated with broader strategies.
- Writes and conducts employee performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Makes hiring and compensation recommendations. May get input from Sr. Management/Executive Management.
- Interacts with Management and peers in other departments for purposes of gaining cooperation, exchanging technical information, and presenting project plans and reports.
- Develops, maintains and monitors accounting controls.
What You'll Bring
- Successful track record designing, developing, and executing complex projects in area of functional expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the Middle Management level across global functional groups and business units. Ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationships.
- Ability to communicate the function’s vision and the department’s direction and set aligned goals. Provides resources and creates systems to measure results. Familiar with competitor, financial and industry dynamics.
- Actively recruits, retains and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results.
- Leads change, manages conflict and fosters collaboration.
- Drives and models customer loyalty, manages customer expectations, solicits customer feedback and ensures commitments are met.
- Provides others with reliable information and delivers informative and persuasive presentations. Uses good listening skills and negotiates effectively.
- Ability to understand and apply GAAP and SOX.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory /management role.
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading and maintaining effective working relationships at the Middle Management level.
Pay Range: $71,000-$121,000
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.