Title Officer - Remote flex Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; or Columbia, SC
Atlanta, Georgia; Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbia, South Carolina
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Come join our Team as a Title Officer! This is a Remote position and home based in Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; or Columbia, SC! Typically found in a branch/office setting where the assistant is providing support to Escrow department by assisting with customer service and administrative duties related to escrow closings. May provide general support for a team, or partner with an escrow officer. Primarily focused on residential transactions.
If the role is primarily supporting commercial transactions, please refer to the Commercial Escrow Assistant job family.
If the role exists in a centralized processing unit or department designed to support multiple offices/and or locations and is focused on high-volume paperwork processing, please refer to the Escrow Support Processor Job family.
Job Level Summary:
• Intermediate levels require a solid understanding of functional tasks
• Assistance may be required from more experienced team members will vary depending on task complexity
• Work may be reviewed for new or more complex tasks
• Provide a wide range of support within a functional area
• Follow functional area’s processes and procedures in daily activities, troubleshoot as needed and recommend suggestions for continuous improvements to overall operations
- Performs a wide range of administrative duties to gather information and assist in the escrow process
- Duties may include: Opening orders, inputting closing statement information, preparing documents for closing and handling the complete disbursement and follow up of all escrow transactions
- Communicates requirements and other information to clients
- Interprets various agreements as they relate to closing and prepare all documents required for transactions
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Strong detail orientation
- Knowledge of company and/or client operating systems
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2+ years experience in an escrow related experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.