Settlement Officer/Escrow Officer
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Come join our team as a traveling Settlement Officer! Responsible for processing documents for closings, and completing settlements in accordance with established policies and procedures in 5 county areas of Metro Philadelphia.
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title. Prepares settlement statement by utilizing lender instructions.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and company policy by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2-4 years related experience
- Experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant preferable
License or Certification
- Valid Licensing/Certification as required by applicable state
#DID-ESFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.