(Remote) Senior Business Analyst
California; Arizona; Nevada; Oregon; Remote
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Senior Business Analyst (remote)
Be part of a transformative team that is shaping the way First American builds and delivers world-class technology products that fuel the real estate industry. We are looking for the best-of-the-best business and technology experts that will envision, design, develop, and deliver innovative solutions that provides exceptional experiences and lasting value to our customers.
First American Title is looking for a team member to join them as a Sr. Business Analyst in the corporate technology organization. In this role you will contribute to creating a shared vision around enterprise title and settlement software needs and capabilities and support various business and digital transformation initiatives. You will collaborate with business, technology and customers on initiatives which includes research and product discovery analysis to create a simplified yet comprehensive representation of the business and technology ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate and lead conversations with business and technology teams to map and analyze the current and future state business needs
- Document the current state by identifying impacted people, processes, business/product capabilities and technologies, and translates this information into artifacts such as process maps, context diagrams, capability maps etc. using industry best practices
- Manage multiple, concurrent deadline-driven initiatives, collaborate with required teams to ensure efforts are aligned and project timelines met
- Synthesize and communicate findings to stakeholders using appropriate tools to enable decision making
- Research and analyze data to drive business insights and support project initiatives
- Collaborate with required teams like Product, Research, Engineering and Business Operations
- Act as a strategic partner and liaison between the user community and the technical applications
- Translate business requirements into user stories, system definitions and solutions. Identify and document non-functional requirements (as required) for enterprise solutions including API integrations
- Complete required testing and training of business/application solutions, to support application design & development (as required)
- Create and maintain business, technical or system documentation (as required)
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst in a technical field or business strategy consulting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Has experience of working on digital transformation initiatives and brings a strong understanding of IT practices (Agile Framework, SDLC, PDLC, etc)
- Experience in eliciting, analyzing and documenting business & system requirements
- Proven experience in facilitating group discussions, analyzing, and presenting information to stakeholders, including but not limited to business leadership and technology teams
- Successful track record researching, collating, synthesizing and organizing large amounts of raw qualitative and quantitative and data, to derive meaningful insights and to inform business strategy
- Passion for turning data into meaningful insights and visuals
- Inquisitive and problem-solving mindset that thrives on analyzing a situation, performing interviews, formulating questions, and facilitating discussions with SMEs for deeper understanding
- Strong working knowledge of system integrations using API’s is a plus
- Excellent experience utilizing Microsoft office suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio)
- BS/MS in Business Management or Information Technology
- Formal training in Business Analysis (CBAP), Business Architecture (CBA), Business Process Management (BPM), Agile/Scrum are also welcome!
Pay Range: $67,000 - $130,100 Annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 7 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 50 out of Fortune 100 2022 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More