Associate Commercial Sales Representative
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Assist with pricing requests for portfolio or other high-profile transactions
- Reviews new title/escrow orders for missing information and conducts appropriate research and/or coworker/customer communication to fill in those gaps
- Tracks the progress of title/escrow orders and works directly with all parties (internal and external) to resolve obstacles or unexpected delays that may adversely affect customer satisfaction
- Partners with the Senior Sales Representative as to efforts to maintain/expand existing client relationships and establish new ones; activities include but are not limited to:
- Online research of companies/firms/individuals to increase our knowledge of their business focus, strategies, and goals
- Preparation of product/service presentations, as well as demonstrations of First American order management technology (i.e., ClarityFirst)
- Planning and execution of customer appreciation and networking events
- Research recently closed transactions to identify possible new account prospects
- Gains an understanding of primary Operations tasks and responsibilities by passive and/or active participation in the following processes:
- New order review and entry into our production system
- Title examination
- Escrow, including post-closing actions to close-out files of different transaction types
- Active participation in the NCS New Account Manager Sales Training program
- Responsible for submission, maintenance, and certificate prep/distribution for Ohio CLE (Continuing Legal Education) seminars/webinars
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Ability to listen to customers and understand their needs and objectives to better respond and provide solutions
- Ability to learn from interaction with operational coworkers, with the goal of exceptional customer service combined with the ability to communicate reasonable service level expectations to our customers
- Applies diplomacy and tact combined with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to adapt strategy and tactics to changing conditions
- Understanding of market and competition with the ability to identify external threats and opportunities
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- High School Diploma required; 2 or 4-year advanced degree preferred
- Law school graduates with a real estate focus would be an advantage
Typical Range of Experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals, independently as well as with working within a team
- Any amount of experience in the real estate industry: title, escrow, underwriting, lending, development, investment, and brokerage
License or Certification
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
No jobs have been viewed recently.