Commercial Sales Representative
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Develops and retains a quality commercial client base with large businesses with significant real estate holdings in a variety of capacities through the acquisition of new business and maintenance of existing customers. Sales Representatives interfaces with division management, underwriting counsel, and other operations coworkers on complex and/or challenging transactions. Sales representatives have an ongoing responsibility for maintaining the customer relationship and servicing the customer's needs throughout the entire sales order, shipping, billing, customer payment, and follow-up for future business process
- Builds client relationships, secures new orders from new customers, and maintains and expands business with existing client base
- Communicates proactively with and responds in a timely manner to clients and coworkers
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from recently closed transactions, media publications, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, websites, and other sources.
- Develops and executes a call plan for the area assigned to include calls on and appointments with qualified real estate agents, brokers, lenders, attorneys, developers, investors, and corporate accounts.
- Assesses individual client needs and develops, presents and implements a plan to meet those needs
- Is highly visible in his/her marketing area by joining the appropriate commercial real estate associations, attending industry functions, and participating in community and real estate related events
- Actively engages with Sales management and division Marketing personnel to maintain ample awareness and understanding of the various Sales materials and tools available: brochures, flyers, presentations, social media posts, etc.
- Effectively creates or adapts and delivers group and individual presentations to existing and prospective customer groups, industry event audiences, and others
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Ability to listen to customers and understand their needs and objectives to better respond and provide solutions
- Applies diplomacy and tact when engaging coworkers as well as customers and prospects
- Demonstrates persistence, tenacity and consistency in pursuing revenues opportunities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to adapt strategy to changing conditions
- Understanding of market and competition with the ability to identify external threats and opportunities
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong negotiation skills
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- High School Diploma
Typical Range of Experience
- 2- 5 years of successful Commercial Title/Real estate industry experience is preferred; however, residential real estate experience may be considered
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
License or Certification
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
#NCSDOTHFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.