Colorado Springs, Colorado
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Responsible for directing or managing the day-to-day operations of an assigned branch or branches where escrow transactions are done. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate sale, managing funds and processing real estate transactions. Ensures employee conformance to established practices and proper training of staff. Prepares related reports and audits current procedures to monitor efficiency of operations. Manage and implement processes and policies.
Oversight of day to day operations of a single or multiple branch(es)/satellite office(s). Regularly performs duties of a production position. Typically has expertise or specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas
- Employees supervised are typically escrow positions but can have other support roles reporting in
- May service a market
- Seen as “in charge” of the branch and is the go-to person for office management and a variety of issues.
- Aligns branch goals with business unit goals. Monitors branch metrics, reporting information to manager and provides recommendations for process / policy change based on branch results
- Maintains existing client base and resolves escalated issues. Answers questions and provides guidance regarding products, services, policies or specific transactions
- Implements processes and supervises the day to day activities of employees responsible for daily operational tasks
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong process skills required; detail oriented
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of company operating systems/applications
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead/sought out for advice; supervisory and administrative skills
- Able to manage competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with competitor, financial and industry dynamics
- Specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas
- Basic accounting/finance skills to be able to understand and interpret financial statements
- Customer Service orientation - responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 6+ years of directly related experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in a leadership or management role
Salary Range: $69,900 - $97,100 Annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 7 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 50 out of Fortune 100 2022 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More