Remote Commercial Title Officer
Edina, Minnesota; Houston, Texas; Irving, Texas; Largo, Florida; Murray, Utah; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Rancho Cucamonga, California; Scottsdale, Arizona; Tampa, Florida
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC DIVISION OF FIRST AMERICAN TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY!
Our hire will be responsible for reviewing title searches and underwriting commercial title insurance Commitments and Policies on a national scale.
Job Description Essential Functions
- Review commercial title searches and Commitments for multiple states according to company standards and customer needs
- Communicate with other team members and clients to underwrite complex commercial transactions
- Coordinate interim title updates and review documents related to commercial transactions
- Review Title Objection letters to Draft and generate pro forma Policies and Endorsements prior to closing, and issue final Policies after closing
- Review commercial survey and provide survey reading.
- Calculate Policy and Endorsement pricing, as well assist with providing accrued search and exam and other title-related costs
- Work with Underwriting to monitor corporate and state underwriting directives and policies
- Participate in business development and process improvement activities to maintain existing clients and acquire new clients
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to commercial title insurance and commercial real estate transactions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service driven and able to work well as part of a team toward a common purpose
- Organized and self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Able to manage and balance multiple projects
- Detail-oriented and analytically minded, able to find solutions to complex problems
- Familiarity with company operating systems and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, strongly desired
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years commercial title experience
#AGTLFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.