Mortgage Collector - Remote
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Company SummaryServiceMac is a new sub-servicing entity backed by some of the leading practitioners of the mortgage servicing industry. ServiceMac is focused on providing superior technology, products, and services for the mortgage and real estate industries backed by highly personalized service and support. Through continuous innovation and acquisition, our offerings comprise of personalized solutions that span the mortgage continuum and enhance security, compliance, customer satisfaction, and profitability. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all.
- Responsible for collection of medium to complex/difficult accounts and situations.
- Responsible for the research and resolution of escalated delinquent customers
- Prepares justification packages to Management regarding the write-off or turn over to a collections agency for severely delinquent customers.
- Prepare weekly and monthly updates and status reports of outstanding delinquencies
- Prepare and mail delinquent invoices to customers monthly, as needed
- Accounts assigned at this level are less complex in nature and work associated is more general in nature
- Identifies the problem and all relevant issues in straightforward situations, assesses each using standard procedures, and makes sound decisions.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Works under general supervision applying well established techniques, procedures or specific standards.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy. No responsibility for the supervision of others.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures.
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Fair Debt Collections Laws, US Bankruptcy Code, and Bankruptcy procedures and regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to manage conflict and negotiate successful outcomes
- Must be able to analyze and interpret medium to high complexity documents to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work-Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize organize and accomplish work.
- Proficient in time management.
- Able to thrive on working in a fast paced environment, prefer managing multiple priorities within a high-energy, collaborative, fast moving environment.
- Strong computer skills including all applications in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Experience with mainframe system Oracle preferred
- High School diploma
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically requires 3-5 years of high volume Commercial Collections experience.
- Business to Business Collections experience.
** Schedule for role is 11:00AM, EST to 8:00PM, EST **
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours and/or responsibilities from time to time, as needed.