Timeshare Title Examiner- Hybrid Opportunity
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Search public records and examine documents to determine legal condition of vacation ownership properties in a high volume production environment. Perform quality control audits on title searches performed by others within the division. Copy, summarize, and review documents for recordability which affect the condition of title to the property. Customer contact involves large vacation ownership developers and aligning processes with customer service level agreements. Vacation Ownership projects can vary by developer and require thinking outside the box, meeting service level agreements, and managing large scale projects.
- Majority of time is spent performing quality control checks on title examinations. Review title evidence package, verify information against product requirements and adherence to service level agreements. (approximately 70-80%)
- Performs title search and examination of the chain of title in multiple states for orders requiring a limited level of expertise. Works on building state knowledge.
- Prepares initial title products including but not limited to vacation ownership certificates, volume based search worksheets and commitments based on the application of procedural guidelines. Write typical requirements on schedule B-I of a commitment and in a reduced phrase format for volume based search worksheets.
- Set-up volume based search worksheet and files, including instructions, tasking and sample packages.
- Calculate policy premiums.
- Prepare final title policies.
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone or email contact.
- Review recordable documents, set-up documents for recording submission and balance recording charges.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiarity with basic real estate terms preferred. Understand the effect of deeds, satisfactions, judgments, full re-conveyances, corporate documents, trust documents as it relates to property
- Time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Communication skills: verbal & written
- Proficient MS Office skill set; Excel skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Real estate industry experience
- Title experience preferred
No jobs have been viewed recently.