Information Security Analyst
Irving, Texas; Dallas, Texas; Fort Worth, Texas; Irvine, California; Palm Springs, California; San Francisco, California; Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Information Security Analyst
Join our team as an Analyst for our Information Security team with the Insider Risk & Control Program. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Information Security case management program initiatives by helping to support all efforts around the coordination and review of Information Security Priority events. The role will require communication with personnel across all levels of the organization.
- Become a trusted conduit between information security and First American business partners.
- General understanding of IT technologies, and be able converse about Operating System, Database and Network layer.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of staff and management, including tailoring of technical communication to different audiences.
- Support case investigation activities with the ability to maintain confidentiality, analyze information and communicate processes, and excellent follow-up skills.
- Maintain case logs in compliance with current reporting procedures and policies.
- Assists in creating and updating documentation of business processes, training procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Generates and creates reports; researches and analyzes data and report trends to management/business partner.
- Assists in developing and maturing metrics for the case management program.
- Assists in the enhancements for current tools used for tracking and processing cases and security incidents.
- Ability to work under pressure and able to multi-task and prioritize time critical work assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Keeps abreast of industry advancements and incorporates that knowledge into daily work activities.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
Preferred Exposure or Experience to
- ServiceNow or other GRC tool experience
- Agile Software development methodologies
- CompTIA - Security+
- GIAC - Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- ISC2 -Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Typical Range of Experience
- Employees entering this job typically one year of directly related experience
Pay Range: $69,900 – $97,100 annually
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.
#LI-BH1First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.