Senior Commercial Escrow Officer (Onsite)
Kansas City, Missouri
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate sale, managing funds and processing real estate transactions.
- Maintains escrow records and files and acts as escrow agent
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned escrow customers and brokers.
- Provides high level of customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals from existing escrow customers and brokers.
- Maintains records in the escrow accounting system and customer database.
- Opens escrow transactions; develops and/or obtains the appropriate escrow documentation in accordance with policy and procedures and applicable statutory and Federal regulations.
- Manages assigned escrow customers and brokers as their relationship manager; provides customer service and develops.
- ongoing escrow referrals for transactions.
- Reviews escrow reports against escrow records to ensure accuracy of posted escrow transactions.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Demonstrates a can do attitude not only with the clients but with fellow members the team which will allow them to think outside the box.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 4-6 years’ experience as an Escrow Officer
- Specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas