Assistant Escrow & Title Developer
Lake Mary, Florida
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What You'll Do
Come join our dynamic Vacation Ownership Services team! We have a great full-time opportunity available for a highly motivated Escrow Assistant. The perfect candidate for this role will have excellent computer skills and the ability to multi-task. The duties of the role include establishing escrow accounts for new sales of vacation ownership interests for the top resort brands in the world. Process transactions for large projects in a high volume production environment in accordance with established policies and procedures. Receive contract documents through various methods of transmittal. Review contract documents and verify data accuracy. Maintain and verify financial and inventory records, coordinate document recording and perform escrow closings. Create title insurance policies for each transaction and distribute according to client’s Service Level Agreement. Preparation of tax documents may be required.
- Focus on production related tasks
- Review contract documents for a wide range of transactions
- Import data and financial records
- Prepare closings in batches
- Review recordable documents for completeness and accuracy
- Coordinate recording with various Recorder’s offices across the country
- Creates and maintains files, records, reports; monitor and track workflow
- Responds to inquiries and gathers information to resolve issues
- Communicates information to responsible parties
What You'll Bring
- Broad experience with escrow transactions
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office suite with excellent MS Excel skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Strong detail orientation
- Ability to analyze, compare, interpret and process data
- Strong knowledge of company and/or client operating systems
High School diploma or equivalent
Salary Range: $11.80 - $19.60 hourly
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
#LI-JW1First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More