Remote Timeshare Title Assistant
Lake Mary, Florida
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Performs clerical tasks to support timely escrow closings and title recordings. Conducts title research to compile chain of title. Creates title files and prepares endorsements and supplemental documents. Investigates and interprets tax records in order to determine tax liability. Creates title files, documenting all research. Provides customer service to customers and field escrow offices.
- Interprets and acts on instructions from customers and title officers.
- Searches title plant records compiling chain of title.
- Uses research to create and maintain files, records and reports.
- Audits calculations and legal documents for accuracy.
- Communicates recording information and prepares legal property documents such as endorsements and supplemental.
- Examines and interprets tax and assessment reports, follows title practice regarding the issuance of title commitments, policies, endorsements and guarantees, and property price endorsements.
- Communicates professionally with all customers.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiarity with several office software packages to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics and desktop publishing applications
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Strong detail orientation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 2+ years title industry experience; commercial title experience a plus
Pay Range: $15.20 - $20.80 hourly
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.