Area Manager Director
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoResponsible for managing revenue generation and operations for multiple branch offices in a broadly defined geographic area/region where title operations and escrow transactions are conducted - Madison, Wisconsin area. Influences the development and implementation of strategic goals and ensures employee conformance to established practices and proper training of staff. May have multiple functions reporting into this role including Branch Managers, Escrow Operations, Title Operations, and / or Sales. Areas are large and complex, high production/revenue generating. Provides significant input to the development and implementation of strategic goals and operational efficiency improvements. This role does not exist in all geographic regions.
What You'll Do:
- Develops and implements operational efficiency improvements which may include, but are not limited to, standardization of systems, quality control, safety, site selection, facility design, and customer satisfaction. Manage and develop all area title, escrow and support staff to ensure performance meets divisional goals, including budgeted targets.
- Typically, multiple Branch Managers/Area Branch Managers report into this role as well as other functions (Escrow and Title Operations, Sales, etc)
- Has full supervisory responsibility for a large staff. Delegates tasks, manages work flow and plans staffing requirements. Responsible for salary administration. Interviews candidates and makes hiring decisions, writes and conducts performance reviews, provides ongoing feedback, and manages disciplinary actions. Coaches and mentors staff; provides development opportunities. Ensures that teams and individuals understand roles and responsibilities via clear communication of goals and objectives. Meets with individual team members on performance measurements, goals and evaluations
- Applies and develops policies and procedures that comply with regulatory and statutory guidelines, rules, and standards
- Confers with Senior and Executive Management regarding branch/regional requirements and solutions; facilitates the resolution of problems and the development of new initiatives to support business segments
What You'll Bring:
- Excellent communication skills; superior speaking and writing skills
- Ability to take a strategic approach to effectively develop and implement practical and results oriented business plans
- Ability to learn needs of a wide range of employees while driving team performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex projects
- Experience and knowledge of functional tools and infrastructure
- Progressive experience in leading employees in multiple locations, and significant experience developing and implementing solutions
- Possesses problem-solving, conflict resolution, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
- Results oriented and solution thinking with time management and project management skills
- Displays leadership skills, leading by example, driving employee commitment through actions, and empowering employees to reach their full potential
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
10+ years of management/leadership experience
8+ years directly related experience