Sr. Underwriting Counsel - Hybrid Position
Maitland, Florida; Florida; Remote
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What You'll Do
Provides underwriting support and expertise to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies. Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance and provide guidance in the performance of real estate settlement services.
- Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies
- Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance
- Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
- Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes
- Responsible for communicating information related to underwriting and real estate settlement services from superiors to subordinates
What You'll Bring
- Excellent understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services
- General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively
- Detail oriented
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up
- Strong negotiation skills
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and make unique yet sound decisions to resolve complex issues
- Ability to build relationships and create rapport
- Law Degree required
- Admitted to practice in state of employment
Typical Range of Experience
- 8-10 years title underwriting experience
- Must be familiar with real estate law
License or Certification
- Licensed to practice law, in good standing
Salary Range: 86,200.00 - 191,800.00 annually
#LI-JW1First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More