Senior Escrow Officer
Minnetonka, Minnesota; Delano, Minnesota; Edina, Minnesota; North Oaks, Minnesota; Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Company SummaryWatermark Title Agency is a premier Minneapolis title insurance company providing those who are buying, selling or refinancing real estate with the highest level of service. We’re firm believers that when a company holds true to its mission, vision, and values and invests in its people, the sky's the limit when it comes to creating amazing partnerships, happy clients, and a fulfilled team of employees. Our partnership with First American brought together two people-first companies, and that’s been an integral part of our mutual success, including being named Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for eight consecutive years. We hire hungry, humble, and smart individuals (that’s why you’re here!) and believe the inclusion of everyone is very important. This is true throughout all of our brands and offices, which has led us to be included in more than 50 regional best places to work.
Watermark Title is looking for a Senior Escrow Officer to join the team! The Senior Escrow Officer is responsible for handling real estate transactions by establishing new escrow accounts, managing funds, processing documents for closings, and completing settlements in accordance with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral liaison between file parties, adheres to company policy, and monitors and mitigates risk to the company.
- Manages more complex and larger dollar size transactions. Able to recognize complexity within a transaction and knows how to manage various components of a transaction due to depth and breadth of experience.
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Determines closing requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Orders title reports for issuing title insurance, resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title. Prepares settlement statement by utilizing lender instructions.
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and company policy by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 4-6 years’ experience as an Escrow Officer
- Specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas
License or Certification
- Valid Licensing/Certification as required by applicable state
#OnsiteFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More