Escrow Assistant - Post Closing/Central Shipping
Job ID R043075 Date posted Feb. 09, 2024 Category Escrow Employment Type Full Time
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoThe Escrow Assistant will be assisting with customer service and administrative duties related to post-closing and central shipping. May provide general support for a team, or partner with an escrow officer.
What You'll Do:
- Performs a wide range of administrative duties to gather information and assist in the escrow process
- Duties may include: Opening orders, inputting closing statement information, preparing documents for closing and handling the complete disbursement and follow up of all escrow transactions
- Communicates requirements and other information to clients
- Interprets various agreements as they relate to closing and prepare all documents required for transactions
- Performs post-closing review of closed loan packages to determine completeness, accuracy and compliance with guidelines
- Handles recording of final documents
- Ships lender documents
What You'll Bring:
- Customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Strong detail orientation
- Knowledge of company and/or client operating systems
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in an escrow related experience
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.