Associate Counsel, Underwriting Bridge Program
New York, New York
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Looking to work for a company that puts people first and has been named a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work for 7 years in a row? If so, First American is the company for you! We are proud to offer an opportunity to be a part of our Underwriting Bridge Program. We are seeking passionate, driven individuals. Our program provides both real-world work experience as well as opportunities to understand what we do and how we do it.
Our Underwriting Bridge Program Associates are in a two-year, applied learning and career development program where participants gain exposure to the field of title insurance and receive specific training in underwriting while providing underwriting support to company employees, agents, and customer(s) related to the issuance of real estate title issuance commitments and policies.
Participate in training and structured career development activities in:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process
- Federal and state regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services
- Fundamental skills and knowledge for underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies
Work under direct supervision of a Bridge Program Mentor for program accountabilities:
- Review of all provided materials, participation in learning calls, online courses, program travel, program assessments (including case studies and program related transactions), and evaluations
Work under supervision of local management for day-to-day operational expectations:
- Provide underwriting support to company employees, agents, and customers
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and engage with colleagues
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and sense of responsibility
- Juris Doctorate required
License or Certification
- Bar license required
Typical Range of Experience
- 1-3 years professional experience in a legal or real estate related context
No jobs have been viewed recently.