Remote Sr. Commercial Title Examiner
Green Bay, Wisconsin; Madison, Wisconsin; Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's National Production Services division provides global title and escrow production support across all channels within First American Title including the Mortgage Services, Commercial, Direct, and Agency divisions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
First American is seeking a seasoned Sr. Commercial Title Examiner located in the Virginia, New York or Wisconsin area.
Search public records and examine titles to determine legal condition of primarily commercial or industrial property title. Copy or summarize recorded documents which affect the condition of title to the property. Works on assignments that are varied and complex requiring breadth and depth of experience with different types of properties. Acts as a resource to less experienced team members. Has increased knowledge of state requirements. Projects undertaken can be multi-million dollar commercial properties that may take days or even weeks to complete.
- Examines chain of title primarily for commercial/industrial properties but may expand into commercial and/or industrial
- Performs title examination of complex title orders requiring a high level of title expertise
- Abstracts and analyzes records, such as leases, subleases, acreage, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plot and map books. Determines ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property and completeness of records for examinations, including multi-site properties.
- Writes title products based on the interpretation and application of procedural guidelines
- Provides underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
- May have customer contact
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong detail / quality orientation
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strong MS skill set
- Knowledge of legal terms used in title documents
- Able to read and decipher legal descriptions relating to title orders
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 6+ years directly related experience
#NPSTLFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.