New York, New York; Garden City, New York
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Provides support and assistance to assigned underwriter(s). Responsibilities include creating settlement statements and proofreading title polices.
- Create settlement statements in a timely and accurate fashion. Confirming wire instructions with the clients.
- Creating and proofreading of title policies, invoicing, revisions to our commitment and performance using company software and survey readings
- Preparing correspondence as it relates back to title reports/commitments.
- Track customer service requests and frequent phone and e-mail correspondence with both the local office and clients.
- Efficiently organize and prioritize day to day routine tasks utilizing offshore resources to assist in more clerical tasks.
- Knowledge of when to order additional searches, request additional documents as needed by local jurisdiction or practices
- Check requests/Agent splits of premium
- Follow-up on recorded documents and policies using offshore as needed
- Survey & PZR requests and follow-up
- Create and maintain lien charts for portfolios
- Refund of overages
- Work with underwriter on clearing Trial Balance regularly
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proficient in MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and act decisively
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail as well as ability to independently multi-task and prioritize daily work
- Proven excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize with timely follow up
- Utilizes technology as needed
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 1-3 years of clerical or administrative experience preferred
#LI-AK1First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.