Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
Come join our team as an Escrow Officer! Responsible for handling real estate transactions by establishing new escrow accounts, managing funds, processing documents for closings, and completing settlements in accordance with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral liaison between file parties, adheres to company policy, and monitors and mitigates risk to the company.
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Determines closing requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Orders title reports for issuing title insurance, resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title. Prepares settlement statement by utilizing lender instructions.
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and company policy by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in pro
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2-4 years related experience
- Experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant preferable
License or Certification
- Valid Licensing/Certification as required by applicable state
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More