Commercial Escrow Project Manager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Job ID R042348 Date posted Nov. 20, 2023 Category Project & Program Management Employment Type Full Time
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoThe Commercial Escrow Project Manager oversees one or more projects on an ongoing and regular basis. Individually, or as part of a team, responsible for project planning and statusing, risk management, and issue resolution. Duties may include: assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project, communicating project status and issues to team and management, acting to reduce risk and resolve issues. Coordinates with other projects and work groups.
What You'll Do:
- Independently oversees multiple medium to large scale complex projects.
- Coordinates project deliverables, plans and status reports.
- Identifies appropriate resources needed and coordinates schedules to ensure timely completion of project
- Creates project plans specifying goals, strategy, and staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, budgets, and allocation of available resources.
- Facilitates status and milestone meetings with cross functional groups.
- Conducts risk monitoring and controls during a project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
- Works closely with end users, business technologies and others to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs related to the project.
- Monitors project budgets including project cost estimates and forecasting.
- Prepares project status reports and keeps team, management and clients informed of project status and related issues.
- May be required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
What You'll Bring:
- Knowledge of project management best practices and current technologies to plan and communicate effectively with project team and sponsors
- Experience with project management methodologies and techniques
- Experience with applicable business processes sufficient to communicate and consult with team members, customers and management
- Experience with planning, coordinating, and administering projects in a business and/or technology environment.
- Experience with risk management
- Experience with managing multiple projects or large projects
- Experience with managing project plans and budgets
- Experience with facilitating meetings
- Good verbal and written communication skills sufficient to create project plans and other project documentation
- Knowledge of communication, statusing, and Project Management tools to create project documents and reports
- Generally requires BS Degree in a business field or equivalent work experience.
- Typically have 4-7 years of directly related experience
- PMP Desirable
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Preferred
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification preferred