1031 Exchange Sales Representative (LA County)
Pasadena, California; California; Remote
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoFirst American Exchange is a 1031 exchange intermediary that is a wholly owned subsidiary of First American Title Insurance Company, one of the largest title insurers in the nation. Both First American Exchange and First American Title Insurance Company are owned by The First American Corporation (NYSE: FAF), which traces its history to 1889. First American Exchange provides comprehensive 1031 tax deferral services to business owners and real estate investors in connection with the sale and acquisition of investment property. For more information, visit www.firstexchange.com. This position plans and executes strategic activities and projects that directly support the implementation and optimization of efforts to grow segment-specific sales/revenue/profit/market share.
#What You'll Do
- Sells 1031 exchange services to the residential and commercial real estate community
- Conducts market and technology research. Analyzes and develops distribution channel
- Develops new initiatives and partnerships
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers
- Conducts presentations in front of law offices and industry trade associations, demonstrating First American Exchange services
- Prepares reports for business efforts to track progress on client development
What You'll Bring
- Must possess thorough knowledge of company’s business unit being represented
- Demonstrates persistence, tenacity and consistency in pursuing revenues opportunities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of market and competition with the ability to identify external threats and opportunities
- Flexible with the ability to adapt strategy to changing conditions
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage priorities as well as effective time management
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of organization
- Strong client service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Real Estate, Law, Accounting or Finance Degree preferred
- 3-5 years directly related experience in title/real estate industry and/or sales
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Requires a valid driver’s license
**This will be a work from home role**
Monthly commissions in addition to the annual base salary pay range: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00.
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.