Hybrid Data Business Analyst
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Utilizes data and operations knowledge to identify issues, inefficiencies, and insights to business; helps to resolve identified issues
- Collects data, runs mathematical calculations and research using various tools and determines how data might best be utilized to profit the business
- Defines business process requirements, researches alternatives and prepares presentations, drives solutions and test to confirm
- Participates in projects involving data aggregations and custom solutions
- Generates and creates reports for analysis; research and analyze data and report trends to management/ business partners.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the business to help make the best business decisions.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Good analytical skills to determine root cause of problems and apply creative/effective solutions
- Data management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a moderate degree of technical aptitude
- Ability to formulate conclusions and define next steps upon completion of a project
- Tenacity for solving detailed issues
- Talent for quickly learning new tasks
- Proactive team player and process improvement focused Strong MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…)
- Experience in SQL server
- Experience with R, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI, Snowflake, and AWS highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or 2-5 years of directly related experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in data and business analyst
Salary Range : $51,465 - $70,500 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location
#LI-NS2First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More