New Orders Specialist
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, First American Home Warranty offers a wide range of home warranty products and services to home sellers, buyers and agents. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoThe New Orders Specialist's primary function is to answer inbound calls from existing and potential First American customers. The representatives must clearly, accurately, professionally and consistently answer questions, take every opportunity to sell and up sell, enter renewal and new Direct to Consumer contracts into FALCON and document each call.
What You'll Do
- Answer calls from inquiring homeowners, existing customers, agents, brokers and title/escrow customers.
- Troubleshoot inbound calls from existing customers (as indicated above) and redirect calls to proper departments as required.
- Process Real Estate Applications/contracts.
- Process various contractual changes, such as renewals, new contracts, option ads, drops contract exclusions, cancellations and credit card updates.
- Process auto-renewal preventions.
- Process and send Real Estate invoices as required.
- Process seller’s coverage cancelation/Overcome cancelation requests.
- Verify and update all homeowner contact information and ensure detailed documentation of customer or contact interaction.
- Consistently perform compliant wrap-ups.
- Maintain consistent knowledge of company (FA and Alliance) products, version updates, pricing, promotions and broker agreements.
- Keep abreast of industry, contract coverage and limits, process and procedures.
What You'll Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years inbound call center sales experience.
- Consistently meeting department minimum expectations.
- Fundamental understanding and some practical experience of all of the facets of the Home warranty sales functions
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate to both external and internal customers.
- Excellent organizational skills (Multi-tasking, prioritizing and follow up).
- Demonstration of teamwork skills and initiative required.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding and problem solving.
- Type minimum of 45 words per minute.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Basic math skills required.
- Knowledge of the real estate or mortgage industry helpful.
$15.18 - $26.41
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.