Remote Senior ETL Engineer
Phoenix, Arizona; Irvine, California; Las Vegas, Nevada; Los Angeles, California; Portland, Oregon; Salt Lake City, Utah; San Francisco, California; San Jose, California; San Mateo, California; Seattle, Washington
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, First American Home Warranty offers a wide range of home warranty products and services to home sellers, buyers and agents. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
The focus of the Senior ETL Engineer will be to provide support in all aspects of the design, mapping, development, and testing of data movement for a data warehouse environment, with emphasis on the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process. You'll be responsible to provide the business with a consistent reporting data layer to enable faster, more accurate decisions
- Devises/modifies processes to maintain high quality efficient ETL processes and applications moving large volumes of data.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, and document those processes.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which processes will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- May consult with users and develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Contribute to technical and system architectural planning and the development of innovative solutions for the business
- Contribute to discussions of toolset, vendor selection, process improvement, and architecture
- 5+ years’ experience in a data warehousing environment
- Solid understanding of relational database models and dimensional data models
- Strong experience in ETL design and development experience working with SQL stored procedures and/or ETL tools such as Microsoft SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx, Kafka, etc…
- 5+ years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008 / 2016 / 2020
- 5+ years’ experience designing and developing complex stored procedures with Transact-SQL preferably in either an ETL or reporting environment
- Extensive experience with both Microsoft SSIS and DTS
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and execute on large cross-functional projects
- Experience with NoSQL technology (Hadoop, Elastic search, etc..) a plus
- Experience with Python a plus
- Experience integration with APIs a plus
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, or similar a plus
- Experience with MS MDS a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 5+ years of directly related experience
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
#LI-RemoteFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.