Senior Database Administrator
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, First American Home Warranty offers a wide range of home warranty products and services to home sellers, buyers and agents. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoDesigns, develops, implements, installs, and maintains enterprise level database systems in a multi server environment. Must be able to troubleshoot and correct database problems and to proactively maintain the health of database systems. Create backup/recover utilities according to defined standards. Codes and implements stored procedures and triggers. At the higher levels, interface with the appropriate groups to ensure that database systems meet business requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains complex databases which may include access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation and statistical methods
- Create physical database and implement required database objects according to defined standards
- Tunes and optimizes database performance
- Troubleshoot database problems and provide corrective action within an appropriate period of time
- Assist in installing, upgrading and configuring database management system software
- Monitor capacity and performance and proactively resolve problems
- Implement security according to defined standards
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-8 years of directly related experience
- Advanced knowledge of one or more database management systems to install, upgrade, configure, implement, secure, tune, monitor and maintain required database objects
- Advanced knowledge of database design to produce sound logical and physical data models
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and coding techniques to code stored procedures and triggers
- Experience with varied forms of data design, such as online transaction processing, online analytical processing, data warehousing, operational data stores, and decision support systems
- Microsoft, Oracle DBA or other related certifications preferred depending on position
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.