Remote Senior Financial Analyst
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's National Production Services division provides global title and escrow production support across all channels within First American Title including the Mortgage Services, Commercial, Direct, and Agency divisions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
The Finance Team within First American's NPS Division is seeking a focused, ambitious financial professional to aid us in our efforts to provide accurate, efficient and timely financial planning and monthly review of fiscal results. As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will support essential aspects of financial planning, measurement, and control for NPS. You will also have additional involvement with special projects related to business development, strategic growth and ad hoc analyses. The ability to manage multiple projects and deliver efficiently and effectively is required. The successful Senior Financial Analyst will comfortably interact with all levels of management and clearly present the process and output of complicated analytics. This is a challenging position that offers the rewards of a fast paced environment, great compensation benefits, with outstanding opportunity for professional growth.
About the Division:
The First American NPS finance team is a team of very motivated, intelligent & business savvy professionals. The team is proactive and values the ability to change direction &/or modify original assumptions quickly. With so many moving parts, the emphasis on structure, process rigor & due diligence is essential to sustain a high level of performance, while maintaining exceptional data integrity.
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the monthly close process and provide variance analysis against actual results
- Create financial models as needed, as well as drive process improvement with existing models
- Responsible for the quarterly forecast and budget processes for assigned departments
- Provide analysis for historical trends in Production Expenses, Allocations/Recoveries and capital expenditures
- Identify opportunities to increase reporting efficiency and forecasting accuracy
- Responsible for the monthly cost allocation to other divisions
- Track & analyze Cost, Order volume and projection
- Track & analyze capital expenditures for cap projects
- Partner with business units to ensure they are compliant with software capitalization policies
- Identify KPIs and business metrics
- Interact well with department leaders, senior leaders, and the finance team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
- Pursuit or completion of MBA or Master’s Degree in related field of study preferred
- A solid, demonstrated understanding of core accounting principles and financial concepts
- 4-7 years of financial analysis experience
- Detail oriented, with strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills required
- Knowledge/proficiency in Oracle, Power BI, and Hyperion Essbase preferred
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a fast paced, fluid environment
Pay Rate: $73,700 - $108,400 annually
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.