Robbinsville, New Jersey
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoProvides underwriting support and expertise to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies. Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance and provide guidance in the performance of real estate settlement services.
What You'll Do
- Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
- Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance.
- Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
- Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes.
What You'll Bring
- Strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process.
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services.
- General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies.
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions.
- Law Degree required
- Admitted to practice in state of employment.
- 5-7 years title underwriting experience.
- Must be familiar with real estate law.
- Licensed to practice law, in good standing
Salary Range: $71,500.00 - $148,500.00 Annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.