Remote Senior Underwriting Counsel
San Jose, California; Charlotte, North Carolina; Dallas, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Provides underwriting support and expertise to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies. Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance and provide guidance in the performance of real estate settlement services.
- Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies
- Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance
- Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
- Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes
- Responsible for communicating information related to underwriting and real estate settlement services from superiors to subordinates
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Excellent understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services
- General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively
- Detail oriented
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up
- Strong negotiation skills
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and make unique yet sound decisions to resolve complex issues
- Ability to build relationships and create rapport
- Law Degree required
- Admitted to practice in state of employment
Typical Range of Experience
- 8-10 years title underwriting experience
- Must be familiar with real estate law
License or Certification
- Licensed to practice law, in good standing
#LI-REMOTEFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.