Senior Commercial Escrow Assistant
San Jose, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Strong understanding of contract, commitment and transaction.
- Prepare closing statement; obtain invoices, and any title company documents required.
- Can work with limited escrow supervision
- Gain mastery of transactional accounting
- Strong working knowledge of Corporate and NCS policies and procedures, including wire fraud training.
- Actively participating in all Escrow Regional/national escrow calls
- Encouraged to further have an understanding of title, endorsements and the risk associated with that coverage.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong customer service orientation
- Detail orientation
- Excellent verbal communication
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Escrow Assistant. Needs proficiency in more complicated residential transactions.