Santa Ana, California
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoMaintains integrity of accounting information and reporting in accordance with standards and rules under GAAP and SAP (Statutory Accounting Principles) in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and state insurance department requirements. Primary role includes the supervision of, and participation in, the preparation of quarterly filings, including financial statements and notes to financial statements. Supporting role in the maintenance of technical accounting guidance and oversight and operation of financial reporting control environment. Provides technical accounting oversight including evaluating the impact of changes in accounting guidance on Company's financial statements. Documents accounting policies and procedures and participates in external audits.
What You'll Do
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of quarterly and annual statutory basis financial statements and annual statistical reporting.
- Manages the quarterly close process.
- Draft accounting position memos and accounting policies. Interface and assists with internal and external audit. Takes a supporting role in managing the external audit of multiple reporting entities.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive supporting documentation for quarterly and annual filings.
- Interacts with management on issues requiring coordination across functional/departmental lines.
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed.
- Assists with in the management of personnel and goal setting and provides regular status updates to manager.
What You'll Bring
- Knowledge in the interpretation and application of accounting principles and practices under US GAAP and knowledge of statutory accounting principles is a plus.
- Successful track record of executing day to day operational responsibilities, along with participating in, developing, and completing projects in area of expertise.
- Ability to implement and enforce processes to ensure compliance and quality.
- Ability to communicate the function’s vision and the department’s direction and set aligned goals for team.
- Ability to select and coach talent and hold employees accountable for results.
- Provides others with reliable information and uses good listening skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the departmental level.
- Large ERP Software experience, Oracle preferred.
- Hyperion experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory /management role.
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading and maintaining effective working relationships at the Middle Management level.
Pay Range: $73,678.00-$143,022.00
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.