Compliance Officer - Hybrid
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
We are seeking a Compliance Officer to support and /or performs audits to detect violations of laws and applicable regulations, as well as company policies and procedures; investigates misconduct, promotes ethical practices and culture, and evaluates compliances issues / concerns within the organization; and ensures coordination with other departments aligning compliance activities.
Hybrid work schedule is Monday, Tuesday & Thursday onsite in Santa Ana, CA.
- Performs and / or supports audits of compliance with laws and regulations, policies and procedures, contracts and other compliance obligations in accordance with the Compliance Program.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Shared Services, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with Senior Compliance Officer and Compliance Director as needed to resolve difficult compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Supports Compliance function activities related to monitoring and reporting on the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Performs and/or supports special reviews/projects with guidance from the Senior Compliance Officer, Compliance Director, division operations counsel and management.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Knowledge and some expertise in financial services industry.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Must consistently demonstrate reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Basic knowledge of audit process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of compliance, audit and / or related experience
Pay Range: $87,950 - $135,300 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
#TCORPOTHFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More