Director of IAM Engineering- PAM (Remote Possible)
Santa Ana, California; Oregon; Arizona; California; Texas; Washington; Nevada; Remote
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Reporting to the VP, Identity and Access Management, this role provides Director level leadership and business judgment in the management of Identity & Access Management (IAM) services. Main responsibilities will include the oversight of our Cloud Engineering and Enterprise PAM programs to provide direction, coordination, implementation, execution and control of First American Identity & Access Management (IAM) services. This oversight will ensure consistency with business direction, compliance with applicable standards, policies and procedures and management to established budgets.
- Manages a department or multiple groups comprised of technical team members and managers from varied disciplines. Has significant responsibility for developing the capabilities of senior level staff and managers.
- Lead our global IAM team across multiple locations in the US, Dominican Republic and India.
- Deliver strategic programs to deliver high quality, contemporary and cost-effective IAM services.
- Develop trust-based relationships with internal customers to fully understand and deliver solutions to meet their business needs, while using diplomacy and relationships to advance the information security risk management program within the System’s consensus-driven culture.
- Meet the evolving and diverse needs of a broad customer base and various business partners with an emphasis on ‘business value’. Continuously seek creative and innovative means to balance information security with business enablement and efficiency.
- Lead staff to ensure operational processes are well developed, implemented and managed to support the seamless delivery of integrated services.
- Ensure compliance with information security standards, policies and procedures. Communicate and implement industry best practices and solutions employed in the information security space.
- Work with IT and business unit leaders to deploy high quality, contemporary and cost-effective information security services and solutions. Collaborate with the corporate and divisional IT leadership teams, business unit leaders, and service managers to develop and manage Identity services enterprise-wide.
- Ensure risk decisions are broadly vetted and communicated. Develop business-relevant value, performance and cost efficiency metrics to reinforce a culture of performance and accountability and increase service maturity.
- Authorizes projects, approves project designs and cost estimates. Reports projects’ status and critical issues to IT senior management.
- Sets objectives and priorities and ensures the effective allocation and use of department resources.
- Develops and administers department budget with input from work group managers.
- Develops long-range plan for the department and is a key participant in strategic planning for the IT Operations function.
- Translates strategic goals and priorities into technical strategies and objectives for his/her department.
- Introduces best practices and ensures the timeliness and quality of his/her department’s delivery of products and services.
- Coordinates activities and efforts among different internal organizational groups, customers and vendors.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for positions that report to him/her.
- Writes and conducts performance reviews, provides ongoing performance feedback. Establishes salary budget and approves salary increases. Makes hiring decisions.
- Frequently interfaces with executives inside and outside the company to make operational and project-related decisions, to resolve critical issues, to gather industry and competitive information and to foster a productive professional network.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Demonstrated work experience in Cloud Engineering services including Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
- Leadership experience using PAM technologies with working experience using CyberArk.
- Successful track record designing, developing and executing critical complex projects in more than one area of functional expertise.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as outstanding presentation and persuasion capabilities, with exceptional management presence that elicits confidence and credibility. Ability to communicate effectively across a wide group of people and audiences.
- Working industry knowledge of Information Technology to lead in functional area. Ability to provide broad perspective and thought leadership to develop and implement key strategies and critical business priorities at the System level.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, set priorities, formulate strategies, assess performance, and execute plans.
- Demonstrated competency in executing large projects. Ability to adjust to and gracefully deal with changing work requirements and priorities, demanding deadlines, operational crisis situations, as well as being able to keep pace with multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Able to effectively navigate and achieve results in a federated, multi-location, multi-divisional organizational structure. Ability to speak persuasively and with diplomacy, and effective in initiating conversations and communications necessary to resolve issues.
- Ability to effectively convey complex issues and communicate to a variety of audiences including technical staff, peers, as well as senior management, and oversight bodies.
- Able to deal effectively and decisively with organizational and personnel issues and to be a good listener and observer who can also exert influence. Demonstrated leadership ability with a proven record of successfully driving significant change.
- Strong and inspirational leadership skills and ability to effectively manage high performing staff.
- Strong ethics in the context of business and information security
- Strong English language and written communication skills
- Demonstrated competency in executing strategic plans
- Ability to learn needs of a wide range of employees while driving team performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex projects
- Ability to communicate function vision and establish aligned direction and goals for his/her department. Obtains and effectively allocates resources. Creates systems to measure results. Has in-depth understanding of competitor, financial and industry dynamics.
- Actively recruits, retains and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results. Translates vision into action, leads change, and inspires people to get results.
- Deals with others in an honest manner, assures adherence to company policies, and addresses questionable business practices.
- Drives and models customer loyalty, manages customer expectations, uses customer feedback to establish department goals, and ensures commitments are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 8+ years progressive leadership experience in a demanding environment.
- Professional experience in applicable discipline and demonstrated experience in evaluating significant IT processes and maintaining a robust Information Technology control environment for a complex IT organization.
- 5+ years of technical experience as a senior contributor.
Pay Range: $106,200 - $210,000 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
#LI-BR1First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More