Hybrid Finance Manager
Santa Ana, California; Corona, California; Costa Mesa, California; Huntington Beach, California; Irvine, California; Laguna Woods, California; Los Angeles, California; Newport Beach, California; Orange, California; Pasadena, California; Riverside, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Partners with business leadership to set and review both short and long term financial goals, evaluate new business opportunities and drive business initiatives. Additional responsibilities include financial forecasting, weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting, and ad hoc business analysis support.
- Manages monthly and quarterly analyses, reports, and presentations ensuring the accuracy of the information, identifying key points, and develops recommendations
- Manages and performs a wide range of ad hoc analysis of financial and operational data for trends and variances and presents findings to business unit management
- Uses historical trend information, changes in market and business environments, and strategic planning to create projections used for the budgeting or forecasting processes
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to business unit management.
- Manage large data sets from disparate sources for data mining, analysis, and research project
- Develop complex financial models for what-if analysis, scenario planning, and M&A activities
- Works collaboratively with team members and other departments
- Manage & develop analyst team
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
Finance and Accounting – Expert in finance, economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, financial statements, valuation and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Leadership & Management – demonstrate the ability to manage a team and able to lead & develop them.
- Mathematics & Analytics -- Ability to understand, manipulate and solve problems using mathematics on large data sets.
- Computer Skills – Expert on Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Essbase
- Complex Problem Solving --Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Superior knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures of the business
#LI-RIFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.