Hybrid Senior Financial Analyst
Santa Ana, California; Corona, California; Costa Mesa, California; Huntington Beach, California; Irvine, California; Laguna Woods, California; Los Angeles, California; Newport Beach, California; Orange, California; Rancho Cucamonga, California; Riverside, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Drive business performance by providing financial and strategic insight through sound financial analysis, identifying and tracking key metrics, and being a valued business partner
- Develops, maintains, and delivers monthly and quarterly analyses, reports, and presentations ensuring the accuracy of the information and identifying key points
- Performs general ad hoc analysis of financial and operational data for trends and variances and presents findings to finance management
- Uses historical trend information along with changes in market and business environments to create projections used for the budgeting or forecasting processes
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to finance management.
- Manage large data sets from disparate sources for data mining, analysis, and research project
- Develop financial models for what-if analysis, scenario planning, and M&A activities
- Works collaboratively with team members and other departments
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Finance and Accounting -- Experience in finance, economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, financial statements, valuation and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Mathematics & Analytics -- Ability to understand, manipulate and solve problems using mathematics on large data sets.
- Computer Skills – Advanced on Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Problem Solving -- Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of the business
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 2- 4 years of experience in the field or related area
#LI-RIFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.