Hybrid Senior Tax Analyst
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Prepares local, state and federal tax returns.
- Prepares statistical and financial reports, both on a regular and a specially assigned basis.
- Prepares and analyzes tax records and reports.
- Prepares claims for tax refunds.
- Maintains company tax records and files.
- Keeps current on tax laws and regulations.
- Position may provide functional advice or training to less- experienced tax accountants.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Excellent knowledge of all finance, financial planning, accounting and tax areas of a business.
- Thorough knowledge of SEC and IRS reporting requirements.
- Skilled in math application.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills.
- PCs, financial spreadsheet and accounting software.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBT preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 6-8 years of related accounting experience. Specialized certifications in tax preparation and compliance preferred.
License or Certification
- CPA preferred
Salary Range: $73,678 - $108,350 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
#LI-NS2First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 7 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 50 out of Fortune 100 2022 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More