Internal Auditor - Hybrid
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Join our team as an Internal Auditor! We are looking for a self-motivated person who will be responsible for conducting and leading internal audits, SOX audits, due diligence, fraud investigations and special projects. They will provide insight, risk management and technology expertise in the Internal Audit group. This a hybrid role with three days in the Santa Ana office.
- Conducts complex audits, makes suggestions to enhance the audit process
- Identify/ research issues with supported analysis, propose solutions
- Prepare clear documentation of conclusions
- Ensures work papers comply with IA standards
- Assists with special projects including process improvement initiatives
- Contribute to / Prepare initial draft of audit reports
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Some operational auditing, business process improvement, or re- engineering experience or knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to articulate briefly and concisely
- Strong analytical, audit, and investigative skills
- Self-motivated; self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to emergent problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- BA/BS in accounting, business administration, computer science, criminal justice or a related field.
Typical Range of Experience
- 4-7 years of experience in auditing, accounting, insurance underwriting, title or real estate escrow, banking or other related areas.
License or Certification
- CPA, CA, CIA, CISA and/or CFEis a plus
Pay Range: $ 69,894 - $97,075 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 7 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 50 out of Fortune 100 2022 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More