IT Applications Manager (Remote)
Santa Ana, California-Remote; Arizona-Remote; California-Remote; Colorado-Remote; Nevada-Remote; Oregon-Remote; Utah-Remote; Washington-Remote; Alaska-Remote;
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoAs an Applications Manager in the Direct Division’s Customer Transaction Collaboration Group, you will be managing a team of 4 – 7 software engineers that are designing, developing, and supporting cloud- based applications used by both external and internal customers. The successful candidate must not only have strong technical background, but also has demonstrated a successful track record of managing development teams that deliver secure and performant applications on time. Strong written and verbal skills will also be essential, with the ability to effectively communicate with both business partners and a variety of technical resources.
Responsibilities and Duties
Engineering and Delivery
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the engineering output.
- Responsible for the continuous, iterative improvement of the engineering team.
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
- Regularly make decisions necessary to resolve critical issues related to deliverables.
- Will be required at times to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Managing and Directing
- Writes and conducts employee performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Resolve conflicts or performance problems with engineers.
- Ability to select, coach and develop talent and hold employees accountable for results.
- Supports change and foster collaboration.
- Deals with others in an honest manner.
- Uses good listening skills. Negotiates effectively.
- Provides others with reliable and accurate information.
- Ability to create and deliver accurate reports and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Range of Experience
- 5+ years of technical experience as a senior engineer contributor
- 3+ years of technical experience with Cloud Service Providers
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory or management experience in a similar technical environment
- 5+ years of experience with Git and Agile Methodology
- Experience with Full stack development
- C# in .NET Framework or .NET Core
- React, Angular, npm, node.js (experience with 1 or more)
- REST API development / OAuth 2.0 Authorization Flows
- Developing and/or deploying AWS Services (Lambdas, API Gateways, S3, Dynamo DB, CloudFront, Load Balancers, CloudWatch)
- Microsoft SQL Server development experience (schema, stored procedures, etc.)
- Experience in mortgage lending, title, and/or escrow services
- Experience working with distributed teams
- AWS Certifications
- Experience with Terraform and CI/CD automation
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps Services (ADO Projects and Git)
Pay Range: $86,000 - $166,800 Annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.