Lead Software Engineer
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for 100% hands on coding as well as supporting and contributing to the architecture, design of cloud-native applications & mentoring junior software engineers. We're interested in talking to you if you're passionate about new opportunities and you have a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. You love coding, have a great grasp on integration design patterns and find yourself keeping up with the latest technology trends. You tinker, explore and regularly read to stay in touch with the development community and are passionate about discovering ways to improve quality, reusability, extensibility, and consistency. You have great interpersonal & technical skills to propose solutions, build consensus and deliver on them. You are multi-faceted with a great mix of technical and interpersonal skills, which enables you to succeed in highly collaborative and agile work environments. You are very comfortable leading the charge on multiple fronts, working outside your comfort zone to work on multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Contribute to design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and deploying of software in an Azure cloud environment.
- Modify and enhance existing applications as well as assist the team on product delivery by writing code and reviewing pull requests.
- Independently define, prioritize goals and tasks in a fast-paced agile product environment with small, focused teams.
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad applications and functional expertise.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, product owners to ensure product success.
- On call by rotation and troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required.
- Propose solutions to tough problems, build consensus among team & mentor junior developers.
- Keep up with industry trends to continually improve technology stack. Be able to assist other product teams on tough problems as needed.
- 10 or more years of experience in cloud-native applications on Azure (must have) using Python (must have).
- 5+ years of extensive experience with web services, Rest APIs, SOAP and Webhooks etc.
- Strong knowledge about HTTP, JSON and REST are crucial.
- Great command of design patterns (especially integration design patterns)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Self-motivated with strong technical background. Ability to learn and work in a wide range of application domains.
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, CI/CD, and DevOps.
- Fluency with multi-platform software utilizing various programming environments and tools.
- Deep understanding on API strategies, Integration Patterns, and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Financial industry experience is a plus.
TARGET TECHNOLOGY STACK:
Azure, Python, SOAP, REST API, Webhooks, Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.).
Docker, GitLab CICD for pipelines, GIT, IDE, etc.
Pay Range: $94,800-$183,500
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 7 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 50 out of Fortune 100 2022 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More