Santa Ana, California
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
Come join our legal team at First American! The paralegal will perform substantive legal work under the guidance and supervision of an attorney. This work will include providing assistance to support lawyers by preparing legal documents. Performing legal research and compiling data from such references as digests, encyclopedias, practice manuals or other sources. Preparing drafts of contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, insurance, employment and related matters. Maintaining file system for annual meetings and drafts documents for such meetings, including notices, proxies, affidavits of mailings, agendas, ballots, shareholders and director's minutes and related memoranda. May have client contact to explain documents, or gather and provide information.
This role is hybrid, 3 days per week onsite in Santa Ana, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Collects and collates legal research and information from a wide variety of sources
- Performs research and analysis on supporting data and information needed regarding various business issues of the organization
- Participates in the research and preparation of pleadings, court forms, reports as well as contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, real estate and other matters
- Assists attorney(s) in preparation of legal documents
- Compiles data from legal digests, encyclopedias, practice manuals, etc.
- Assembles, proofs, and edits drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, insurance policies, etc.
- Drafts documents for corporate meetings, including notices, proxies, affidavits of mailing, ballots, etc.
- Provides other administrative support to legal department
What You'll Bring:
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization
- Intermediate research and summation skills
- Strong PC skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to corporations
- Detail oriented
- Contract knowledge
- Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills
- College degree preferred
- Completed paralegal program
- Typically has 3-5 years professional experience
- Paralegal certification
Pay Range: $30.10- $41.80 Hourly
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.