Principal Business Intelligence Engineer
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, Data & Analytics is a national provider of property-centric information, analytics, risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains and curates the industry’s largest property and ownership dataset with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and products include: DataTree®, FraudGuard®, RegsData™, TaxSource™ and ACI®. The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than 20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions. Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
The Principal Business Intelligence Engineer is expected to oversee and drive to completion enterprise services programs covering a wide variety of areas, including large data analytics programs, strategy, implementation, and adoption. The Principal Business Intelligence Engineer will gain an understanding of both First American’s business and technical requirements in order to deliver accurate and on-time data from complex and highly diversified sources, presented in the most effective manner in order to drive business outcomes. The Principal Business Intelligence Engineer will also work collaboratively with sales and technical teams to lead the design and delivery of proposed solutions to meet customer needs.
- A subject matter expert and trusted partner supporting the data and analytical needs of the functional group.
- Program manages strategic engagements working with executives, end-users, technical analysts, and application designers to define the data requirements and structure to answer key business questions and solve complex business problems.
- Leads and mentors other data analysts/engineers.
- Mentors and coaches more junior analysts/engineers.
- Establishes strong relationships with our executives & stakeholders to serve as a trusted advisor and a data operations ambassador to our most strategic customers.
- Works with data operations team to refine project(s) solution requirements and structure for ensured success.
- Develops insights which can be used to optimize business strategies by building reports, dashboards, decision optimization tools, and visualizations (using Python, SQL, Snowflake, Tableau)
- Deploys advanced applications of descriptive and predictive analytics to business processes and stays current on best practices in the field.
- Understands business stakeholders’ objectives, the metrics that are the most important to them, and how they measure their performance.
- Turns business requirements into technical requirements.
- Builds relationships across teams to leverage and extend existing analytical research.
- Learns from, and shares knowledge and skills with teammates to grow data operations total impact to the organization.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Experience with batch and read time data integration technologies like Matillion, Talend and other modern data integration tools.
- Hands on experience building data models in Snowflake , AWS Redshift or Google Big Query.
- Front end experience with Tableau ,Power BI or ThoughtSpot
- 7+ years of years of experience creating business intelligence solution
- 5+ years of SQL and same for Python
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent technical field.
- M.S. or advanced degree preferred
Pay Range: $94,800- $183,500
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More