Principal Data Analyst
Santa Ana, California
Who We AreCome join First American's Digital Title Group, newly formed to re-imagine and digitize the title search and examination process through Big Data, AI, document automation and modern, cloud-native application development. As a market leading title insurance company, powered by the nation's largest and most complete property information, ownership and recorded document database, First American is committed to advancing title automation and removing friction from the real estate closing process. Our modern title decisioning solutions create certainty and speed through data and analytics, delivered to real estate agents, lenders, title agents and homebuyers. Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoWe're looking for a Principal Data Analyst interested in transforming our industry by solving cutting-edge problems with modern technologies and want the benefit of working for an established real estate insurance leader. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and demonstrated ability to transform, enrich, and synthesize large data sets from disparate sources in order to deliver meaningful insights to the business. This person will also have strong proficiency in the ability to create actionable insights and visualizations to highlight business critical metrics.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in the requirement gathering process with the business, technical groups and Project Management
- Drive requirements to design, develop, and maintain reporting and analytic data sets as required to support business needs
- Create technical specifications from functional requirements through analysis of business processes and discussion with the business process owners
- Ensure designs are consistent with our development standards
- Help establish data optimization strategy and roadmap for key business objectives at First American
- Provide leadership and mentorship to members of the Data Analyst team
Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years of total experience, preferably working with public record data
- Demonstrated experience with SQL
- Proven working experience in data discovery, data cleansing, validation, and analysis
- Ability to use data visualization tools and methods in performing data quality reviews
- Experience performing analysis to assess quality and meaning of data; interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets
- Possess a creative, systematic, and logical approach to problem-solving
- Preferable experience working in cloud-based DB platforms (we use Snowflake)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and experience interfacing with clients, data modeling and science teams
- Experience directly or indirectly leading teams and initiatives
- (preferred not required) B.S Degree in a relevant discipline (C.S., CIS, Statistics, etc)
Pay Range: $155,000 - $191,000 annually.
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.