Remote Business Systems Security Analyst
Santa Ana, California; California; Colorado; Florida; Georgia; Idaho; Illinois; Maryland; Missouri; Nebraska; Nevada; North Carolina; Ohio; Tennessee; Remote
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Define business processes and system alignment. Translate business requirements into system definitions and solutions. Strategic partner, acting as liaison between the user community and the technical applications development staff (may include offshore staff). Resolve system problems to ensure customer processes run smoothly. Document business processes, training procedures, standard operating procedures, project status, etc. Implement system alignment with business processes.
- Maintain system security by adding, deleting, and modifying user security access
- Technical and implementation focus is on providing standard and customized applications to resolve business issues with security access
- Identifies business system requirements and related business/application solutions over a complete business process
- Develops new customizations with design, documentation, testing and training
- Conducts business process evaluations to gain technical knowledge of business requirements
- Analyzes and designs access rules for business systems
- Analyzes segregation of duties and applies principle of least privilege in security role design
- Participate in audit related activities
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad application and functional expertise
Supervision Received or Extended
- No supervision of others
- Works under general direction
- Mentors and advises less experienced Business Analysts, monitoring project status
- Uses expertise of other Business Analysts and leverages a wide range of additional resources to explore/implement complex customized applications as a solution
- May lead an implementation team
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define business and technical parameters and lead team to meet business requirements
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Solid working knowledge of standard features and functions of multiple applications/modules to field, analyze and resolve customer issues/problems
- Identifies problems, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, tests to confirm, gains consensus, and implements solutions for multiple applications within multiple functions
- Proficient MS skill set
- Generally requires BS Degree or equivalent work experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically has 4-8 years of directly related experience
Pay Range: $66,980 – $130,020 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
#techreferralFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 7 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 50 out of Fortune 100 2022 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More