Remote - Engineering Manager
Santa Ana, California; Arizona; Colorado; Florida; Nevada; Oregon; Texas; Utah; Washington; Remote
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
**Remote Work Welcome**
Are you passionate about defining, building, and maintaining the company’s most crucial products? Does leading a diverse and geographically disbursed team with the challenge of further enabling modern full stack engineering practices in support of high performing products with scalability, where exceptional business relationships are critically valued excite you? We are looking for a seasoned professional to help drive strong engineering practices, grow a technical team, and expect continuous delivery.
In this position, you will manage a team of people leaders, engineers, quality engineers/SDETs for multiple products and services, enabling experiences that disrupt markets, generate value, and positively impact thousands of lives. You will use the necessary architectural principles and implement modern, secure engineering practices (e.g. APIs, event driver and cloud native architecture). At times, you may need to roll up your sleeves to engage and remove obstacles. You will work closely with business development teams, partners and internal product teams. This requires cross-leveraging engineering talent internally and externally and plays a key role in co-creating a holistic vision with Product Management. You will foster an environment of collaborative and agile technologists who imagine, develop, and launch solutions with transformative power.
What You’ll Do
· Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the technical strategy & architecture for a broad area
· Collaborate with product managers to translate business requirements into system specific functional requirements
· Oversee at least one agile development team ensuring best practices are followed
· Design, develop, and implement world-class, secure software and services that are scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant
· Champion change and act as project leader, evaluate design alternatives and perform cost benefit analysis
· Develop tools & processes to enable best-in-class operations for our service
· Writes and conducts employee performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback. Makes hiring recommendations.
· Ability to select, coach and develop talent and hold employees accountable for results. Supports change and fosters collaboration.
What You’ll Bring
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of technical experience as a senior contributor.
· 3 to 5 years of supervisory or management experience in a similar technical environment.
· Successful track record of managing operations; and designing, developing, and managing the execution of projects
· Demonstrated leadership abilities driving operational excellence and best practices
· Test Driven Development experience
· Experience in cloud architecture, AWS preferred
· Experience in scalable database design, AWS RDS, postgreSQL/mySQL
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining web service API's
· Ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Familiarity in Financial and Insurance industry is a plus
Pay Range: $86,500 - $192,000 Annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
#techreferralFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More