Remote Lead Software Engineer
Santa Ana, California; Boise, Idaho; Charlotte, North Carolina; Corona, California; Dallas, Texas; Des Moines, Iowa; Detroit, Michigan; Hartford, Connecticut; Houston, Texas; Irvine, California; Irving, Texas; Jacksonville, Florida; Los Angeles, California; Miami, Florida; Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota; Phoenix, Arizona; Portland, Oregon; Sacramento, California; Salt Lake City, Utah; San Antonio, Texas; San Diego, California; San Francisco, California; Seattle, Washington; South Orange, New Jersey
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
We want an experienced Engineer who will take a leadership role in ensuring the quality of their squad’s technical output, both by directly contributing to the codebase and by collaborating directly with their team. Also ensure adherence to architecture standards, enforcing coding standards and guidelines
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Lead, you will work closely with the Engineering Manager, Architect, Product Manager and guide the team thru
- Team coordination including design, development, and maintenance of software code
- Performs Pull Requests, Code reviews for coding best practices and security requirements.
- Mentors team members as needed to help develop their skill sets.
- Collaborate with architect group in design sessions
- Be responsible for contributing to the actual codebase as an individual contributor
- Partner with Product Managers to produce delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with management to communicate any delivery risks or issues.
- Coordinate production Releases
- Occasionally perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
An ideal candidate will have a demonstrable understanding and/or hands-on experience with most of the following technologies:
- 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Work Loads Including Microsoft.NET (C#, .Net Framework, .Net Core) and SQL Server, including data modelling, indexing and basic performance considerations and writing stored procedures
- 3+ years with .NET Core and thorough understanding of concepts such as dependency injection, asynchronous programming, RESTful APIs
- 3+ years of experience in AWS Cloud: Gateway, EC2, ECS, Faregate using ECS, ECR, EC2 Container Service, S3, Elastic File System, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, RDS, Application Load Balancer, Docker, Step functions, SQS, Kinesis, SNS, EventHub, ElastiCache, Dynamo DB, CloudWatch, Secret Manager, VPC, Subnets, Security Groups, Transit gateways, Microservices
- Strong understanding of unit testing and test-driven development. Should have prior experience in writing unit testcases using framework like Xunit.
- Prior experience in building CI/CD pipelines and working knowledge on terraform scripts.
- Experience working in GIT repository
- Experience working in a DevOps-focused environment previously with advanced understanding of DevOps principles as a big plus.
- Strong Agile experience working in Scrum and/or Kanban models.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the skill level of the team
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
- Good presentation skills
- Understanding of infrastructure design for complex enterprise level applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 7+ years of directly related experience
- Previous supervisory experience is must
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
#LI-JC2First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.